With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought it might be good to give you some tips to help you get through it.
* Don’t plan a date with someone you’re only casually dating. It’s too much pressure. You’ll want more closeness. And that will push him away. Remember “damage control.” Don’t do anything to make things worse.
* Don’t go on any online dating sites to look for men. Remember, hungry people make bad shoppers. Try another day, when you’re feeling less needy.
* Don’t drink too much if you’re out on the town. Chances are you’ll end up with someone you wouldn’t normally choose. And then you’ll remember him every Valentines Day in the future.
* Do plan a girls’ night IN! Invite your single girlfriends. Have everyone bring something to eat or drink. Watch your favorite romantic movie (or anti-romantic movie!) You can cry or yell or do whatever makes you feel better. And best of all, you’re surrounded by people who love you.
* Do remember, what a great catch you are and how much you like yourself and your life.
* Do remember, Valentine’s Day is just one day. Everything will look and feel better tomorrowDr. Vonda ("Vondie") Lozano is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, former Psychology Professor, and Author. She lives in the Los Angeles area with her husband and she is working on her first book for singles. Get Dr. Vondie's *Free* Ebook, Date, Don't Mate!